Monday, October 12, 2015

What makes a person beautiful

With every new chapter of my life I have always changed up my hair. This one is no different. I look like an 80's skater chick or a rocker chick. Half my head is shaved and the other half is long. It's freakin awesome if you ask me. Literally 30 seconds to dry and style my hair this morning. Loving it!! So today I went to work and some loved it, some didn't, and that's ok. It doesn't bother me. But I was on the floor and a regular customer came up to me and said this:

84 year old woman: Why did you cut off your hair? You were so beautiful. You have a beautiful face, why would you do that?
Me: I was tired of pushing it behind my ear all the time so I just got it shaved off.
Woman: Oh no! What will the men think?
Me: Well, I don't really care what they think about my hair.
Woman: Your face is so beautiful, you need to grow your hair long and put it up in a bun so everyone can see your beauty.
Me: Awww. Well thank you. I guess I could let it grow out.

I'm still the same beautiful person I was Saturday morning before I got it cut. Do people seriously think a woman's beauty is made by her hair or how attractive she is to men? Get the fuck over yourself. I'm not concerned about a finding a man that thinks I'm beautiful even with this haircut. I'm about finding a man that thinks I'm beautiful even if I had no hair. I am a beautiful person and I don't need long hair to prove it.

No comments:

Post a Comment