Friday, October 30, 2015

Love/Hate

So I have this love/hate relationship with Halloween. I absolutely love it. It's my favorite "holiday."  I love seeing the costumes, seeing all the kids smiling and happy, the parents dressing up and getting to be big kids for a night. It's all so freakin awesome. Here's why I also hate Halloween. Every year I get so excited for this day. I think about a million creative costumes, I get excited to wear them, I love candy. Every year I make plans to either go to a party, host a party or just go out to a bar in costume. Every year it never happens. I have never hosted a Halloween party, I've only been to one Halloween party in my life, and I've never been out to a bar in costume. This year is no different. Two events lined up...bar with costume contest and then the Rocky Horror Picture Show at midnight. Guess what...neither are happening. It's almost 7:30 and I'm already in bed. I wanted to go out so bad. I love this holiday. I hate that it's always a big disappointment in my life. I am feeling a little pissy and depressed. I'll be fine on Sunday, but it just sucks. I was excited especially for this year because my costume wasn't slutty and didn't reveal anything. I don't feel like I need to wear those types of costumes anymore. I just wanted to be fun. I had a bee costume but it was huge with a huge stinger that stuck out the back. It was hilarious. So excited and now it's in my closet with the hopes it will see the light of day next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment