Sunday, June 28, 2015

Dead and Gone

I never thought I would have the chance to say this but I finally can...I beat my 20+ year addiction to soda. From the second I would wake up to the second I went to bed I drank some sort of soda. Coke and recently Diet Coke. It's been 16 days since I have had any soda. Amazing what a health scare can do. I gave up my bad eating habits and started watching my calories. Then I gave up soda and switched to water. I've tried this before but the withdrawal symptoms were too much to handle. Not this time. I did so well through the withdrawal phase and now I'm home free. I think a lot of it has to do with two things: 1. I was actually ready to do it and 2. I'm mentally healthy. I think being mentally healthy actually had a lot to do with it. I'm 5'2" and have gotten my weight down to 108. I feel comfortable with how I'm looking and have no issues putting that bikini back on. This has been such a long time coming. I feel so much healthier, better, prettier. This is one of the biggest and best things I have done for myself. What an amazing life I am leading now. Healthy inside and out, beautiful and completely loving life and myself. Such a proud feeling to say...the old me is dead and gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment