Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Can you say "stalker"

July, 2009

The dreaded July 4th picnic has come and gone.  It killed me not to be there and I spent the day alone thinking about where I wanted to be.  I'm back on a dating site...basically because Evan is also.  He calls and texts when he wants sex and that's about it.  I always accept the invitation because it's the only hope I have to hold onto.  Maybe, just maybe this will be the time when he will say we can try again.  That never came.  I'm going out on random dates with guys from the site but I always compare them to Evan.  Then it happened...the date that brought a "crazy" into my life.

Kevin seemed like a decent enough guy.  He lived in Wyomissing so I agreed to meet him at a restaurant in the area.  Dinner was good but conversation and attraction were lacking.  I knew halfway through the dinner that I would be heading home afterwards.  As we walked to our cars I told him that I wasn't really "feeling it" and that maybe we would just be better off as friends.  Luckily he agreed and said that he was attracted to me and thought I had a great personality but if I wasn't into him than he wouldn't pursue it.  I told him to contact me if he wanted to hang sometime and with that we parted ways.  I watched a little tv at home then headed for bed.

Next day I woke up to a text from Kevin

Jennifer, I couldn't sleep at all last night.  I couldn't stop thinking about you.  Do you think that we could try one more date?
 
Ugh!
 
Hey Kevin.  I'm sorry, I would rather just be friends.
 
His reply was quick
 
OK, I understand.  I can deal with being friends.
 
Two hours passed
 
Jennifer, I really think we could work this out.  I really think you are the one.
 
Are you fucking kidding me?  One dinner and I'm the one?  I'm so not in the mood for this shit.
 
Sorry Kevin.  Seems like you can't really handle being friends.
 
As the week went on Kevin thought it would be better if he left me multiple voicemail messages proclaiming his love and plans for our future together.  The text messages always followed the voicemail.  By Wednesday I had enough...it was time to block his number.  Of course, it costs money to have that extra feature added to your phone plan and money was something I didn't have to waste.  Didn't matter...this needed to be done.  Thursday was calm without his constant contact.  Friday was better because I picked up my kids.  I never went out on the weeks I had my kids so it was a good week for me.  The distraction always helped.
 
Friday night was movie night for me and the kids.  We would pick out a movie, make popcorn, turn all the lights out in the living room and cuddle on the couch.  We had just started watching the movie when I saw flashlights on my porch.  I told the kids not to move.  My doorbell rang.  I was scared to death to open the door but when I did I was shocked at what I saw...2 police officers.  "Are you Jennifer XXXXXXXXX?" "Yes," I replied.  "Do you know Kevin XXXXXXXXX?"  "Yes," I said with a shitty look on my face.  "Kevin called 911 and asked for us to check on you to make sure you were ok.  He said you weren't responding to his text messages and his calls.  Ma'am, are you ok?"  My mouth dropped open, my eyes got big.  "Yes, I'm fine.  I'm watching a movie with my kids."  They flashed their lights in the door and peaked around the corner to see the kids. "Kevin has requested a call back to let him know that you are ok.  We will not be calling him back."  It was obvious the cops had a clue what was going on.  "No, please don't call him.  Does he know where I live?"  "No, he said he called 911 because he only knew your city, name and phone number."  Oh thank God this crazy doesn't know where I live.  "Ma'am, is everything ok? Anything we need to know about?"  "No, everything is fine.  I went on a date with the guy and he wouldn't leave me alone so I had to block his number."  "We understand.  We will make a note that if he calls us again we will be sure to show up at his door instead of yours."  Big Smile!  "Thank you."
 
True freakin' story...only me.  I hate this dating shit. 
 
 
 I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, So I can
Watch you weave then breathe your story lines
And I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, So I can
Keep track of the visions in my eyes

While, she's deceiving me,
It cuts my security (has)
she got control of me
I turn to her and say

Don't switch the blade on the guy in shades; oh no
Don't masquerade with the guy in shades;
(oh no) (I can't believe it)
You got it made with the guy in shades; oh no

I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, So I can
Forget my name while you collect your claim
And I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, So I can
See the light that's right before my eyes

While she's deceiving me,
she cuts my security (has)
She got control of me
I turn to her and say

Don't switch the blade on the guy in shades (oh no)
Don't masquerade with the guy in shades
(oh no) (I can't believe it)
(cuz) You got it made with the guy in shades (oh no)

While she's deceiving me,
she cuts my security (has)
She got control of me
I turn to her and say

Don't switch the blade on the guy in shades (oh no)
Don't masquerade with the guy in shades
(oh no) (I can't believe it)
don't be afraid of the guy in shades
(oh No) (It can't escape you)
(cus) You got it made with the guy in shades (oh no)

I said
I wear my sunglasses at night
I wear my sunglasses at night
I wear my sunglasses at night

I say to ya now
I wear my sunglasses at night
I wear my sunglasses at night
I wear my sunglasses at night

I cry to you
I wear my sunglasses at night
I wear my sunglasses at night
~Corey Hart
 


No comments:

Post a Comment