Monday, August 11, 2014

Always something there to remind me

Days, weeks, months, years rolled on and I still am not able to shake the time I spent with Evan. Something or someone is always around to remind me. I went to a wedding and at the reception a drunk guy said to me, "I know you. Didn't you date Evan?" "Yes," I replied. "I heard some shit about you," he said as he was slurring his words. All I could do was walk away. Ruined the rest of my night. One morning I was on Facebook and got this strange message:

Jennifer, 
You don't know me but I am friends with Nicole, Evan's girlfriend. I've heard a lot of bad things about you from Evan and Nicole but I'm not here to judge you. I'm here to ask for your help and/or advice. A few of Nicole's friends are worried for her. We don't like Evan, we don't understand why she's with someone so old, we don't like the way he talks to her. We are scared for her safety. We want to get her out but she is a little too comfortable with the lifestyle he is able to give her and her girls. I don't know if what they have said about you is true, all I know is that you got out and I'm asking how you did it. 

Are you fucking kidding me? Seriously? What the fuck do I do with this crap? Alright, I'll reply...

Although I'm not interested in knowing what they have said about me, some I've heard, but I'm sure most of it is true. I wasn't the type of person that wanted to even be friends with myself. I only have two things to offer...1. Lie to him. He won't stand for it, especially after our relationship or 2. Tell her to bring home a cat. I loved cats and he told me if I ever brought one home that he would kill the cat and kick me out. Other than that, I can't help you. I'm sorry for Nicole, but happy she has friends that would go to these lengths to try and help her. 

The reply was quick

Thank you for the information but I don't think either will work. Nicole would never lie, she's too nice of a person and she already took home a cat, 5 of them in fact (kittens). Anything else?

Well I'll be damned!

The cat thing really surprises me but that's a good thing. Maybe he has changed since I knew him. I'm sorry I have nothing more to offer and you probably shouldn't contact me again. I'm sure Nicole would not be happy. 

This friend didn't write me again. But another one of her friends did contact me later. It never goes away...

I walk along the city streets, you used to walk along with me
And every step I take reminds me of just how we used to be
Oh, how can I forget you, girl, when there is
Always something there to remind me
Always something there to remind me

When shadows fall, I pass a small cafe where we would dance at night
And I can't help recalling how it felt to kiss and hold you tight
Oh, how can I forget you, girl, when there is
Always something there to remind me
Always something there to remind me

I was born to love her and I will never be free
You'll always be a part of me

If you should find you miss the sweet and tender love we used to share
Just go back to the places where we used to go and I'll be there
Oh, how can I forget you, girl, when there is
Always something there to remind me
Always something there to remind me

I was born to love her and I will never be free
You'll always be a part of me 'cause there is
Always something there to remind me
Always something there to remind me

Always something there to remind me
Always something there to remind me
Always something there to remind me

~Naked Eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment