Tuesday, July 29, 2014

If I lay here

Walking hand in hand down the strip...I felt like nothing could stop me, nothing could stop us. Like always the crying had stopped and the yelling subsided. That look in his eyes changed again to show me how much he loved me. It was a fine line I was walking. The eggshells were one step away from cracking. We never really talked much but it seemed different right now. We are talking and smiling and laughing and just loving being together. With a sudden jolt he grabbed my other hand and tossed me in the grass next to the sidewalk. We were both laying on our backs, hand in hand and laughing. The fun, playful Evan was the best. People walked by staring but we didn't care. We just layed and stared into the beautiful sky. We were a team...but only for a little longer.

We'll do it all
Everything
On our own

We don't need
Anything
Or anyone

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

I don't quite know
How to say
How I feel

Those three words
Are said too much
They're not enough

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

Forget what we're told
Before we get too old
Show me a garden that's bursting into life

Let's waste time
Chasing cars
Around our heads

I need your grace
To remind me
To find my own

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

Forget what we’re told
Before we get too old
Show me a garden that's bursting into life

All that I am
All that I ever was
Is here in your perfect eyes, they're all I can see

I don't know where
Confused about how as well
Just know that these things will never change for us at all

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?
~Snow Patrol

No comments:

Post a Comment