Sunday, October 14, 2012

Childhood Cancer

I have a question...why is everything turned pink in October, but nothing is turned gold in September?  Yes, I believe that awareness should be raised for all types of cancer.  I understand why and I think it's awesome that you can turn on any football game and see grown men wearing pink.  I love seeing lights on buildings change to pink.  I think this is all incredible...really, I do.  But, what about Childhood Cancer?  Childhood Cancers are the #1 disease killer of children more than asthma, cystic fibrosis, diabetes and pediatric AIDS combined.  How many more children have to die from Childhood Cancer before big organizations take notice and raise awareness?

On 11/3 I will be shaving my head and donating my hair to Locks of Love.  I've raised almost $1,000 towards research for AT/RT which will be donated to CHOP.

 
~Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment