Sunday, May 13, 2012

A Weekend to Celebrate!

This weekend was full of celebrations.  Yesterday was David's 40th birthday :)  I had so much planned...surprise party, expensive gifts, "Lordy, Lordy Look Who's 40" signs in the front yard...but...not a chance!! I was specifically warned that if any of these things occured, the wedding would be off.  David wasn't having it!!! I looked at Super Bowl tickets but they were like $2500 a piece and with the wedding next month...I had to kick that idea to the curb :(  Here is the ONLY thing he would ALLOW me to do for his birthday


Peanut butter ice cream cake...that's it.  David's not the happiest man in the world right now.  He's not embracing this 40 thing. I told him 40 was just a number.  His reply, "It's a BIG number."

Well, today is Mothers Day.  I always tell the kids that I prefer the "homemade" cards and gifts but honestly...I love the gifts I was purchased this year!!!



I specifically asked for the Scary Mommy book but the Zumba for the Kinect was a surprise.  If you are not familiar with the Scary Mommy blog then you are really missing out.  It's an HONEST look at motherhood...lots of cursing and complaining but in a very funny way.

http://www.scarymommy.com/

https://www.facebook.com/#!/thescarymommy

Check out the links above for some funny stuff!!!! Make sure you read the confessionals on her website.  WOW!  People definitely write openly when it's anonymous!!!!  Here's some examples of what you can expect if you visit:

"I named my son after a boy I had a crush on in high school...my husband has no idea he has a namesake."

"My baby's vibrating bouncy seat broke yesterday, so now my 'top of the drawer' toy is wrapped in a receiving blanket and tucked into the side of the car seat.  Desperate times call for desperate measures."

"My 18 month old still can't say 'Mommy,' but used the word 'shit' in perfect context today."

"I kiss my young teenager good-bye in the morning as she leaves for school, rising above the hormone-fueled snarling and histrionics.  Then I close the front door and flip her off, with both hands."

PS...the book is hilarious so far!!!

I was so excited to get Zumba!!!!  I put on my black stretchy pants and my Hooters tank top and off I went!  I did a few routines but started smelling the sweat after awhile and decided that was enough for one day ;)

Anytime I get anything with a picture of Jillian on it...I'm in love!!!!  Love seeing her little face and beautiful smile!!!

I'm big on cards! So, to me a card is more important that a gift...don't know why, just it is.  The best Mothers Day card I ever received was when my kids were younger and my ex-husband picked it out for them.  The front of the card said "You are like a mother to me".  Really?  I hope so...considering I AM your mother.  It was hilarious.  He didn't really read the card before he purchased it. LOL.  Haley's cards mean more and more to me as the years go on.  This years card described why she loved me being her mother.  So special to me.  More special than I can actually put into words.

BUT...here it is...the card of all cards.  Here is what Brayton gave me for a card:



A handwritten letter from him.  I couldn't get a good picture of it, so here it is:


Dear Mom,

I really love you! I so thankful that you are my mom.  I wouldn't like it any other way.  If I had any other mom, I'd find you, and go to you.  That's just how much I love you!

I love you for many reasons, but here are just a few of them.  You special, and perfect for me.  You're nice, kind, caring and thoughtful.  You're also loving, fun, and amazingly cool.  You can also warm up my heart when it's cold.

You also do much stuff for me.  You answer my problems.  You give me food, drink, love and a roof above my head.  You also make many really great meals (I especially love your desserts!) When I'm stuck on a page of homework, you help me.

These are all things that make you unique.  These are also reasons I love you a Bray-ton! Without you, I wouldn't be who I am today.  Without you, I don't know what I'd do.  You are the best mom ever!

With so much love,
Brayton B., your loving son.


Ummmm...enough said!

~Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment