Monday, May 7, 2012

Fifty Shades of...HOLY CRAP THIS IS GOOD!



I thought I would start with something funny.  If you missed the Saturday Night Live skit about the book, click the link below to watch it.  Really funny!!!

<iframe id="NBC Video Widget" width="512" height="347" src="http://www.nbc.com/assets/video/widget/widget.html?vid=1400037" frameborder="0"></iframe>

So I have never been an avid reader.  I absolutely hated reading in school and even as an adult, it's hard for me to find something that peaks my interest.  When I do read it is usually self help books or inspirational books.  Don't Sweat the Small Stuff is one of my favorites.  I learned a lot from that one.  I recently read The Help.  This was the first book in an extremely long time that I desired to read.  It was good.  I was thrilled with myself that I read the whole thing :)

Then, I was driving one morning and they started talking about this book, Fifty Shades of Grey, on the radio.  The dj called his mother on the phone (she happens to be very conservative) and began reading passages from the book to her.  She was appauled.  I was amused.  I found it funny because they made it funny.  I really didn't give the book much thought after that.  Then, I started reading on facebook that a lot of my friends were posting about how wonderful it was.  This is absolutely not my type of reading AT ALL, but I figured I would give it a shot.  I went out and purchased the first book, not knowing what really to expect (except sex).  I sat down to read the book and 2 days later...it was finished.  I have never read a book that quickly.  I didn't want to put it down.  Her writing was so good, I couldn't believe I was interested in something like this.  I was not happy with the ending of the first book, but it made me excited to read the second.  As I started the second book, David started the first book.  He wanted to read the book to find out what had peaked my interest so much ;)  I finished up the second book in record time also.  Again, not happy with the ending because it made me want more.  I've just started the third book in the series and don't really want to read it quickly.  This is the last book in the series and I have NEVER been so into books like I have these that I don't want it to end.  Who knew that erotica books were my type of books???? ;)  I can tell you that David is thrilled that I am reading them!!! lol. 

I want to write so much more but I don't want to give anything away. 

They are in the process of making a movie...with an NC17 rating.  Here is the guy they are thinking of to play Christian...his name is Ian Somethingorother...






Ummmm...that would work for me ;)  Look at the last picture....grey eyes, little smirk.  I can totally see it!!!







Happy Reading!!!

~Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment