Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Years Day

New Years Day is always a happy day for me for two reasons: (1) I eat my favorite meal, pork and sauerkraut and (2) the Christmas decorations come down.  I do love when the Christmas decorations are up, but after a few weeks I start to miss the comfort of our uncluttered home.  As we took everything down this afternoon we decided to rearrange the living room furniture.  It looks so different...it's going to take some getting used to, but I think we will keep it this way.  I love that our home is versatile enough to move the furniture around several different ways.  Minus the television because that is mounted to the wall, but we have an open concept so the big furniture fits in several different locations.

Last year was the first year that I made a resolution and stuck to it.  Since I had my kids I've never really been thrilled with my body.  The hips got bigger, the stomach wasn't toned and the stretch marks got more noticeable as time went on.  Last year I took a big step with my self esteem.  I have accepted the way I look (for the most part) and David makes me feel so comfortable with myself that I vowed that I would put a bikini back on in public.  I always felt comfortable around my ex-husband but he knew the "before" kids look so it wasn't so easy to show him the "after" kids look.

This is how secure I am now with the way I look....here is the "before" kids look:


LOVED THOSE ABS OF STEEL!!!

So...I've had 2 children and I'm 38 years old.  I'm thinking that I look DAMN good now...





These were taken on a vacation we took to Florida this year.  I didn't have one issue putting them on or going in public with them on.  David made me feel comfortable the whole time!

I have my resolution for this year...I will let you know in a year if I have stuck to it :)


~Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment